Website message overhaul, pass 2

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 20 22:00:01 PST 2011

>> Thanks to all who provided feedback! I read again the entire thread,
>> then made one more pass:
>>
>> http://d-programming-language.org/new/
>
> I made one more pass and improved the homepage in a number of ways. (Learned about <div> more than I ever wanted to
> know...)
>
> * The news column is now on the right.
>
> * Border is thinner
>
> * The page behaves better when shrinking laterally
>
> * Footer is better integrated
>
> * Copyright text is smaller
>

> Andrei

One thing that's annoyed me for a while about the pages.. the last updated date does not deserve such prominent
placement, imho.

Second, if the 'comment on this page' link is going to continue to receive similar placement, there really needs to be
continuous effort to actually incorporate the comments.  Many, if not all, of the sites pages have comments over in the
wiki, many of which are bug reports.  It's essentially a black hole through which feedback disappears forever.  Should
that link be turned into a bugzilla link instead, maybe?

Later,
Brad