Deimos: Consistent structure?

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 04:13:00 PST 2011

We talked about this on the irc://irc.freenode.org/d IRC channel a lot...
Deimos is young and we will come up with a good solution to this issue soon.

There is a good reason for having modules in the root of deimos. (lzma is a
good example) However, the problem with that is that one can't just simply
checkout the source straight from some VCS repository into the deimos dir.
Unfortunately a symlink is a must in such case...

If, however, project is in its own folder (like I do with my old ncurses
binding), than I can simply do: cd ~/src/deimos; svn co
svn://path.to.my.server/ncurses
After this I will have a working curses package...

There are several things to be clear before Deimos becomes more popular, and
it will make people contribute more.

I only have to say that I prefer convention over configuration. - We just
simply have to decide some Deimos conventions and all authors of deimos
bindings should follow them if they want their projects to be part of the
Deimos.