Phobos Wish List/Next in Review Queue?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 07:24:56 PST 2011

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 09:07:44 -0500, Mike Wey <mike-wey at example.com> wrote:

> On 11/20/2011 04:02 AM, dsimcha wrote:
>> * Streams. (Another item where the bottleneck is mostly at the design
>> level and people not really knowing what they want.)
>
> Steven Schveighoffer's new-stdio included a nice stream interface.
> I don't know what the current state of the module is.

I'm slowly working on it.  I've had very little time these last few months
to work on any extraneous projects.

However, I know the direction this needs to move, and the work is
straightforward.  When I get something worth sharing, I'll share it.

Sorry I couldn't be more forthcoming.  If you follow my github account,
you should see the new-io branch start to get new commits in the near
future.  I really need to get working on this, before too much is built on
top of the existing std.stdio.  The new stream interface should be a boon
to most libraries (such as std.xml).

-Steve