Phobos Wish List/Next in Review Queue?

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Mon Nov 21 07:46:46 PST 2011

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 22:02:33 -0500, dsimcha wrote:

> *  std.database.  (Apparently Steve Teale is working on this.  This is a
> large, complicated project because we're trying to define a common API
> for a variety of RDBMSs.  Again, it's more a design problem than an
> implementation problem.)

This is blocked in both directions. There's little in the way of
agreement on design, and there are implementation difficulties caused by
licensing issues and the fact that some potentially useful approaches
don't appear to work - ODBC for example is a nightmare.

I am trying to sort out what is possible and what isn't as quickly as
possible. Then when the current massive web site debate has wound down I
might try to get people to return to the design issues.

Steve