Website message overhaul, pass 2

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Nov 21 12:03:38 PST 2011

On Monday, November 21, 2011 13:35:21 Jimmy Cao wrote:
> 2011/11/21 Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>

> >> Then what is it? It's sure not a sentence, and it's at the top of the
> >> page.
> >>
> >> - Jonathan M Davis
> >
> > Section header.
>
> This is an urgent fix of utmost grammatical importance:
>
> The D programming language. Modern convenience. Modeling power. Native
> efficiency. ->  The D Programming Language: Modern Convenience, Modeling
> Power, and Native Efficiency
>
> A dash in place of the colon would also work.  A section header is a title,
> so capitalize accordingly.

1. It's odd to call the header on the top of the page something other than a
title IMHO, but it's a matter of semantics, I suppose.

2. Regardless of that, I would argue that section headers _are_ titles and
should follow the same rules with regards to capitalization.

Also, it should probably be a colon after "The D Programming Language" rather
than a period. It makes more sense grammatically.

- Jonathan M Davis