Deimos: Consistent structure?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Nov 21 12:13:02 PST 2011

On 2011-11-21 20:14, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/20/2011 11:31 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> Say that both liblzma and ncurses have a module called "util". What
>> happens if I
>> want to use both of these libraries in the same application. When I do
>> "import
>> util;" which one will the compiler pick?
>
> import liblzma.util;
> import ncurses.util;
>> I suggest there is a root package named after the library. If people
>> want a
>> deimos package, that's fine with me as well. But there has to be a
>> package named
>> after the library where all modules should be located, except for,
>> possibly, a
>> module that imports the whole library.
>
> That already is so. What I objected to was:

No it's not. Have a look at the curses module in the ncurses repository.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/ncurses/blob/master/curses.d

It has the following module declaration: "module curses;", which means
it will conflict with any other library the has a module with the same name.

> import liblzma.D.util;
>
> as pointless.

Yeah, that D package won't to anything good.

--
/Jacob Carlborg