Website message overhaul, pass 2

David Gileadi gileadis at NSPMgmail.com
Tue Nov 22 07:52:17 PST 2011

On 11/20/11 11:00 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> Second, if the 'comment on this page' link is going to continue to receive similar placement, there really needs to be
> continuous effort to actually incorporate the comments.  Many, if not all, of the sites pages have comments over in the
> wiki, many of which are bug reports.  It's essentially a black hole through which feedback disappears forever.  Should
> that link be turned into a bugzilla link instead, maybe?

I had planned this when I first worked on the site redesign.  I did some
work on implementing it via Javascript and this could work if there were
a service on the dpl.org site that scrapes the HTML from the wiki.

Of course the larger question is whether we want user comments to appear
on every page.  I tend to think that a bugzilla link may be more
appropriate, with an appropriate link text change.