Deimos: Consistent structure?

Martin Nowak dawg at dawgfoto.de
Tue Nov 22 09:15:11 PST 2011

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:38:43 +0100, Dejan Lekic <dejan.lekic at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> It makes sense to follow that pattern and wrap up everything under
>> deimos.ncurses or ncurses. Having an ncurses package currently disallows
>> to have a ncurses module under the same path, so this is no option.
>
> True, that is the main reason why we suggested (the IRC discussion I
> talked
> about) to use the "name_" for library packages. This is not a big deal
> because a developer will never directly import from there anyway!
>
> Example:
>
> import deimos.ncurses;
>
> This import statement will trigger importing of:
> deimos.ncurses_.ncurses_h; // i name header file translations like:
> file.h -
>> file_h.d
> (and probably termcap_h.d too)
>
> This is, ofcoruse, just a suggestion. If there are better ways, please
> share
> with us. :)
>
> Regards

Well, implementing
http://www.wikiservice.at/d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP13
and something in the direction of
http://www.wikiservice.at/d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP15
;).

I spend some time thinking about a good import structure for deimos
and somehow couldn't find a good fit.
Reflecting /usr/include or /usr/local/include would be a plain and simple
convention
but that doesn't pair with individual repositories.