is D ncurses-only language?

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Wed Nov 23 04:04:57 PST 2011

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 05:33:04 -0600
Jude Young <10equals2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ncurses needs a few minor fixes I believe, ( one or two minor edits )
> and other than that, I cannot say.  But really, what is a language if
> it doesn't have ncurses? =P

Yes...it may be useful e.g. when just testing libs and/or
prototyping..

> I agree that D needs GUI support.

Good.

> The problem is that what you are suggesting takes time, and it takes
> effort. and it takes people who know and understand these things.

Yes.

> Preferable cross-platform support. i

I agree.

> I have no experience with any of them.  I've never used them, I've
> never played with them.

Same here...I only use apps written in 'em.

> You've posted about the state of GUI's several times, now lets see you
> put your money where your mouth is, and let's see if we can get an
> up-to-date, stable, platform-independent GUI for D.

Sure, I do care about D to become successful...

> Are you willing to put the time and effort into a project like this?

...but I do not see myself neither qualified nor skillful enough to lead
the herd. However, I'm ready to learn and put the time & effort into it.
It sounds scary to me that some GUI project would depend on leadership
of mine. :-()

Sincerely,
Gour

--
You have a right to perform your prescribed duty,
but you are not entitled to the fruits of action.