is D ncurses-only language?

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Wed Nov 23 07:51:39 PST 2011

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:24:09 +0000
Dejan Lekic <dejan.lekic at gmail.com> wrote:

> So what is the point of the question? To troll about not having a
> standard GUI package in Phobos, or what? :)

No, but to, maybe, suggest that it would be better having ONE or TWO
stable  bindings available for D. Maybe you didn't visit

http://www.wikiservice.at/d/wiki.cgi?GuiLibraries

for some time. ;)

> Being an open-source project makes it open to your contributions as
> well - go ahead and do it yourself, if you need it.

No, I'd like to join some project which has some momentum and better
support from D community.

Do-it-yourself approach has created dozen of half-or-less-baked
projects.

D community is, imho, not big-enough to waste precious resources in *too
many* projects. (Tango & Phobos should taught us the lesson.)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
In this endeavor there is no loss or diminution,
and a little advancement on this path can protect