is D ncurses-only language?

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 08:04:31 PST 2011

> D community is, imho, not big-enough to waste precious resources in *too
> many* projects. (Tango & Phobos should taught us the lesson.)

In open-source world people do various things. Almost all organised open-
source projects have some company, or someone who has a "higher" interest in
the project.

No matter what binding you chose, it is going to be a wrong choice from the
perspective of others (who use some other binding). With Windows and MacOSX
it is easy - you have only one or two choices. With Linux, BSD, OpenSlowaris
and others it is much more difficult.

I humbly believe D should have its own GUI library which heavily utilises
brilliant std.concurrency, plus the (improved) signals module (where
improved = thread-safe).