is D ncurses-only language?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Nov 23 23:29:00 PST 2011

On 2011-11-23 15:37, Gour wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 14:32:30 +0100
> Jacob Carlborg<doob at me.com>  wrote:
>
>> You could help out and contribute to DWT, for example.
>
> Thank you for offering. Atm, I'm more leaning to some of the other 3
> toolkits, but wonder why DWT did not become THE D toolkit?

Probably because the original author abandoned the project. I think he
worked fulltime on the project, that's why the project progressed so
fast. Another guy who contributed quite a lot of code, porting of the
browser package, just stopped contributing one day and wasn't reachable.

Then it was basically me left. I have focused on other D related project
and haven't prioritized DWT in quite a while. There have been a couple
of people contributing since the original author left the project. I've
only basically tried to merged in their changes.

I have recently started to move the repository to github, hoping it will
get some more attention. All the code is moved but I need to setup git
submodules and update the build script. One reason I haven't prioritized
DWT is because I'm running Mac OS X and that port isn't finished. So
when I need to fix a bug or make sure a patch works I need to boot Linux
or Windows virtually, which I try to avoid. It just takes some extra
effort to fix a bug or similar.

I've created an organization at github with all the repositories:
https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/

--
/Jacob Carlborg