moving wxd to github

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Thu Nov 24 07:20:31 PST 2011

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:55:23 +0100
Anders F Björklund <afb at algonet.se> wrote:

> http://xkcd.com/224/

LOL.

> Sounds like a good idea, though you probably want to use SWIG 2.0
> for the improved D support - while wxPython uses SWIG 1.3 afaict ?

I do not know about wxPython, but, yes, SWIG 2.0 which has support for
D.

> I would drop support for wxWidgets 2.x and DMD 1.x - and go for
> wxWidgets 2.9.x and DMD 2.0xx directly.

I fully agree,

> And pick one "make" (GNU).

That's not fully clear to me.

> Trying to support two languages, two libraries, two+ compilers,
> two+ buildtools, and so on, was just no fun and not very workable ?

Can you explain what do you think?

> It's easier to just use configure+make, and MSYS/MinGW on Windows,
> than trying to work with the DOS console (in C++) or DM's Make.exe.

I'm also thinking about cmake and will try to help Jens to prepare
cmaked2 to be included in the upstream.

Cmake is not the most elegant tool, but it works and I got confirmation
that it supports dmd & gdc.

What do you think?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As a strong wind sweeps away a boat on the water,
even one of the roaming senses on which the mind