moving wxd to github

Sam Hu samhudotsamhu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 22:23:33 PST 2011

Anders F Björklund Wrote:

> >> For windows, it's:
> >> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxwindows/wxWidgets-2.6.4.zip
> >>
> >> Find this string: "1. wxWidgets" here: http://wxd.sourceforge.net/
> >> and follow the instructions for step 1 (DM), or if you're on Linux
> >> then I guess GCC. Compiling takes a while..
> >>
> >> Then get the repo from github and run 'make' in the wxd directory.
> >> After a while, you can browse to 'samples' and run 'make'.
> >>
> >> The samples were recently updated to work with both D1 and D2.
> > Thank you so much for the prompt response!Just wondering is there any special reason that wx2.8.* or wx2.9.* could not be supported?
>
> Both wxWidgets 2.8 and 2.9 are supported, just that the API
> was originally exported from wx 2.6.4 so that's the lowest
> denominator and starting point, while 2.8.12 is the "stable".
>
> In 2011 (with 0.16), the code was updated to work with wx 2.9
> and dmd 2.054 - in addition to previous wx 2.8 and dmd 1.030
> (it "should" still work with wx 2.6 and dmd 1.020 too, afaik)
>
> If no other concerns, then pick 2.8.12 (the "Current Stable")
> Supporting 2.6 was mostly for DMC, and 2.9 was mostly for Cocoa.
>

> Maybe one would want to regenerate the D API for wxWidgets 3.0,
> but should work fine without - similar to "WXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_*"
>
> i.e. currently exported API:
> http://wxd.sourceforge.net/wxWidgets-2.6.4/docs/html/wx/wx_classref.html
>
> vs. the latest available API:
> http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/page_class_cat.html (from the svn trunk)
>
> --anders
Glad to hear that wx2.8 and wx2.9 are both supported.
GUI library in D(2) like DFL,DWT,gtkD and QtD all these I have tried to build turns out it is not so difficult.However wxD is the one I never ever build successfully under windows,yes,maybe this is not so difficult to others here.
It would be grateful for someone to write a step by step guideline for build wxD under different platform,the one I would like see is dmd2.056/dmc/mingw under windows with wx2.9.3 as it has wxWebView.It would be nice as well if somebody would like to share his build package.With 7-zip I think it won't be too big to transfer on the web.

Regards,
Sam