moving wxd to github

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Sun Nov 27 03:20:12 PST 2011

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Andrej Mitrovic <
andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've managed to get StyledTextCtrl compiled and working. I had to add
> a few missing .obj/.cpp file entries in the DMC makefile for the
> StyledTextCtrl contrib tree (just a couple of lexer files), but there
> was also a cyclic import problem in wxd between wx.StyledTextCtrl's
> and wx.TaskBarIcon's module ctors.
>
> So as a temporary workaround I've merged STC's ctor into TaskBarIcon.d.
>
> Btw, how can I figure out what "int style" means for STC? The docs
> I've found only don't say anything about what that option is in the
> ctor. I'm trying to make STC autoexpand in a  tab widget. But STC
> stays the same size when I resize the window:
> http://paste.pocoo.org/show/513430/
>
> Maybe I need to use events on size changes?

The style int is a bitfield with stuff like border options and sometimes
control specific settings.  Check wxWindow's documentation for the basic
styles.

You use sizers for pretty much all layout work in wxWidgets.  To do what
you want you could make a vertical box sizer, add the STC with a proportion
of 1 (expand vertically) and wxEXPAND flag (expand horizontally), and set
it as the sizer of the parent window.

This short tutorial is helpful for learning to use sizers:
http://neume.sourceforge.net/sizerdemo/

Regards,
Brad Anderson