A real Forum for D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Nov 27 10:01:24 PST 2011

"alex" <a_bothe at gmx.net> wrote in message
news:jatsnd$f71$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Hi folks,
>
> I just wondered why there still is this uncomfortable and obviously
> outdated newsgroup software in use.

old != outdated

NGs are better.

Seriously, what's with people's "old == outdated" bullshit these days? What
is this, the goddamn fashion industry? Certainly feels like it half the
time.

> Perhaps it'd be more contemporary to have a 'real' browser-based forum to
> which everyone can register and post D-related questions&answers.
>
> So, my recommendation would be to establish a forum based on phpBB or a
> similar framework software (btw, it's free and open source, so don't worry
> about possible
> costs!) at forum.d-programming-language.org

phpBB is crap. Actually, anything PHP is crap.

> Even if this idea should be a bit too 'large', please do fix the http
> interface for the D main newsgroup thread - it's not working for me and
> only gives back a
> connection timeout.

People are working on a better web interface for the NG. But bear in mind,
*any* web interface is going to be inherently inferior to a real NG client
simply due to *being* a web interface.