A real Forum for D

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Sun Nov 27 11:31:10 PST 2011

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:25:20 +0000 (UTC)
alex <a_bothe at gmx.net> wrote:

> That's it. To be more beginner-friendly. Not to be that unnecessarily
> complicated and opaque.

What is not beginner-friendly in this group?

My mailer allows reading news, I selected digitalmars server, was
offered list of groups, subscribed to the desire ones and that's it.

Forum will just divide not-too-big community and with dozen of forums
it's so difficult to know what to follow etc.

Here I can quickly skip over non-interesting threads, quickly mark the
whole tread as read, mark thread as (un)ignore, (un)watch etc.

However, if you make newsgroup <--> forum gateway, then I don't care for
those wanting to  read forums, but I'd say that the problem is not in
'uncomfortable and obviously outdated newsgroup software', but
'uncomfortable and obviously incapable newsgroup reader software'.  ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The senses are so strong and impetuous, O Arjuna,
that they forcibly carry away the mind even of a man