A real Forum for D

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 27 22:38:46 PST 2011

On 11/27/2011 10:24 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Walter Bright Wrote:
>> They just don't get what a threaded view is.
>
> It's not a difficult concept. Maybe there's some web forum
> authors who don't get it, but I'm sure a lot of them do.
>
> And they probably also know why it is a godawful misfeature,
> which is why they didn't implement it.
>

> Sometimes, people are well aware of a concept, and reject
> it on technical grounds or other issues of merit. It really doesn't
> help any discussion when you assume the other side are just
> a bunch of idiots who obviously haven't seen the light.

That goes both ways.  I too greatly prefer threaded views.  I use it exclusively when reading all my mail, which also
fully (short of buggy mail senders) maintains the 'proper' threading.

Clearly this is a matter of personal choice and not something that's clearly right or clearly wrong.  Pretending it is
just perpetuates the argument.  Not allowing the user to choose their preferred navigation / reading / browsing style
necessarily restricts the audience to the set of people that prefer the tool author's preferred style.

Later,
Brad