boost crowd.

so so at so.so
Mon Nov 28 01:18:10 PST 2011

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:01:31 +0200, Maxim Fomin <maxim at maxim-fomin.ru>
wrote:

> In D, when compiler generate "interface" it effectively dumps
> implementation in .di file.

This is what i meant by saying it doesn't make sense, it is an
auto-generated file.
You can argue about .di shortcomings but you can't compare them to header
files.

> Furthermore, considering problems with libraries, written in GC language,
> and broken shared libraries support in linux (probably it is fixed
> now, i looked this issue several month ago)
> writing libraries in D is full of surprises.

Other than having a big C++ code base, shared libraries were my biggest
troubles with D as well.
I am still waiting for a final solution (kept me from using D so far),
which i think have the highest priority.

> I tried to write a lib and a project, which used that lib separately,
> but came to conclusion
> that the best choice it to pull lib code to project one.
> And it is not a biggest problem, because dmd produces 700 kb
> executable for hello word program.

AFAIK executable size problems was temporary. And dmd still lacks a shared
standard library, everything is static linked.