boost crowd.

so so at so.so
Mon Nov 28 05:52:51 PST 2011

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 15:34:19 +0200, Max Samukha <maxter at spambox.com> wrote:

> No, it has nothing to do with the IDE. The article describes a visual
> tool for viewing meta-data stored in a .NET binary. You don't have to
> use it.
>
> Specially for you, die-hard IDE haters, this is how to use the terminal
> to create a mono app and library:

I started to use vim/cmake "after" years of using IDEs, and one of the
best if not the best VisualStudio.

> 1. Library:
>
> nano lib.cs
> ----
> using System;
>
> public class Lib
> {
>      public static void hello() { Console.WriteLine("We don't need no
> header crap"); }
> }
> ----
>
> Compile that into a library, lib.dll:
>
> dmcs lib.cs -target:library
>
> 2. Host:
>
> nano app.cs
> ----
> class App
> {
>      public static void Main()
>      {
>          Lib.hello();
>      }
> }
>
> Compile and run the app:
>
> dmcs app.cs -reference:lib.dll
> ./app.exe
> We don't need no header crap

Now how do you know you have a "Lib", and it implements "hello", what rule
enforces that?
If this is all it does, you are overlooking the most important point of
header files.

> Your information about "serious" programming is a bit outdated.

What i mean by "serious" is that, if you "need" a specific language for
some task what you are doing is serious.
Because you are falling back to a less known and probably more complex
tools/languages, it is much harder to replace you.
I am still waiting for the next-gen game engine, next-gen video
decoder/encoder, next-gen ... from those serious languages you mention.
I am not ridiculing anything, aren't these the facts?