A real Forum for D

so so at so.so
Mon Nov 28 12:59:08 PST 2011

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 22:44:51 +0200, Kagamin <spam at here.lot> wrote:

> Some forums even have plugins that merge consecutive posts from the same
> author.

As i was thinking it can't get any worse, you proved me wrong.

> In Soviet Russia... errm... I mean with linear chronological view you
> do. Think of it as a novel: it has a linear structure, a bunch of plot
> threads and they intertwine in chronological order. And it's usually not
> a problem to track them simultaneously.

Except it has noting remotely resembles a novel, where the author plots to
a final common goal,
which happens to be written/thought long before the actual writing.

> Chronological order also helps to understand people. This way posts tend
> to be grouped by author (remember you've posted 4 messages in a row to
> this topic). This way one can better understand you as your thoughts are
> concentrated in one place rather than scattered all over sub-threads:
> will all information at hands it's easier to figure out your viewpoint
> in all details.

A suggestion, use threaded view and you don't need to "understand" any of
this,
you just see them without any effort.