A real Forum for D

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Nov 29 00:54:21 PST 2011

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 01:11:35 -0600
Jude <10equals2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you think that it would split the community too much, speak your
> mind.

This is my only concern 'against' forums.

Otherwise, I'll continue using NGs and from my experience with Forums
(there are projects not offering even mailing lists), my experience was
always: it sucks and it requires much more time to read 'em, understand
what's new/old etc.

Newsgroups are quite old and as someone said it does not mean they're
bad. Just the opposite, they were invented for 'reading news'.

I can imagine having forum for the projects having technically non-savvy
users wanting to get help about some end-user project, but the main
audience here are programmers, writing code, using VCS, emailing,
submitting bug reports, hanging on IRC etc. and therefore I simply do
not understand 'to be more beginner-friendly" argument.

If reading the news is too demanding for someone, then how to expect
such people to code?

At the end, the argument from the beginning remains...but, as long as
the D giants stay here, I do not mind. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

- --
The embodied soul may be restricted from sense enjoyment,
though the taste for sense objects remains. But, ceasing
such engagements by experiencing a higher taste,
he is fixed in consciousness.