wxC & wxD

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Nov 29 04:59:35 PST 2011

On 2011-11-29 09:16, Marco Leise wrote:
> Am 29.11.2011, 08:47 Uhr, schrieb Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com>:
>
>> Note that I have no experience with wx but the screenshots on the site
>> looks really bad.
>
> Take a look at Code::Blocks for an example. I think it is one of the
> most sophisticated applications written with wxWidgets. I used to have
> trouble with the XML GUI definitions though. Somehow they took ages for
> me to load and generate the UI on Linux, but not on Windows. So I am
> biased slightly against wx with XML or XRC or what they are called.

I took a quick look at Code::Blocks and it doesn't look very good (on
Mac OS X), but again, it might be the application and not the toolkit.
But what I can see is that it doesn't have a unified toolbar. On the
other hand neither does Eclipse, but at least SWT supports unified toolbars.

--
/Jacob Carlborg