wxC & wxD

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Nov 29 06:13:40 PST 2011

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:09:02 +0100
Anders F Björklund <afb at algonet.se> wrote:

> I do think it would make more sense if it was maintained by someone
> actually using the software on a daily basis, but if nobody steps up
> I suppose it could also be left (in the current state) for a while ?

It can even stay eternally so. :-)

> Either would be fine: starting over with SWIG, or keeping Status Quo.

My vote is for former...klickverbot told me that SWIG cannot handle Qz
by itself since it is too complex beast, but wx is possible.

> If the 3.0 release would include a C version, that would change things
> since that would mean that some of the SWIG code could be shared with
> other language bindings (such as C# or Java, or perhaps Python or
> Ruby). Currently each extra language has their own set of SWIG
> interface files.

I'll ask in wxwidgets if there is plan for something like that.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As a strong wind sweeps away a boat on the water,
even one of the roaming senses on which the mind