Java > Scala

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+d at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 19:42:44 PST 2011

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 20:34:51 -0500, bearophile wrote:

> A recently written report from a firm that has switched back from Scala
> to Java:
>
> https://raw.github.com/
gist/1406238/72ade1a89004a9a7d705b00cfd14b90b2b6a26bd/gistfile1.txt

Interesting.

The main key points I see coming from this.

* The community wasn't helpful/consistent
* Implementation problems
* Being built on top of the JVM

I think the D has a good community behind it, but I suppose only the new
guys can really give a usable opinion.

There are definitely implementation problems in D, some design issues.
But as you mention, this gap is closing and at an increasing rate.

D has done well with being independent but inter-operable with C.