A real Forum for D

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Nov 29 23:13:56 PST 2011

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 00:22:34 +0100
Somedude <lovelydear at mailmetrash.com> wrote:

> Le 28/11/2011 14:55, Gour a écrit :
> > On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:37:38 +0100
> > Somedude <lovelydear at mailmetrash.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The main drawback of newsgroups is the absence of a search feature.
> >> Apart from that, I like it.
> >
> > It's the drawback of your *newsreader* and not of the newsgroups
> > itself.
> >
> > I use Claws-mail and have powerful search features included.
> >

> > Sincerely,
> > Gour
> >

> No, in order to search newsgroups, you need to download ALL the posts
> from the beginning of the newsgroup, which is not feasible.

Todays' HD space is cheap, so I don't bother having the whole newsgroup
in my cache.

> That's a reason why some questions are asked over and over again.

I'd say the real reason is that people do not use 'Search'.

Gmane newsgroups have nice advanced search and for this newsgroup one
can visit: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/index.html

enter something in Search-field and press Go button.

Is it difficult?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
In this endeavor there is no loss or diminution,
and a little advancement on this path can protect