Java > Scala

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Tue Nov 29 23:14:35 PST 2011

Am 30.11.2011 07:52, schrieb Gour:
> On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 06:28:59 +0000 (UTC)
> Steve Teale<steve.teale at britseyeview.com>  wrote:
>
>> There's a good deal of activity on the D library front
>
> Indeed...things are improving, but it is a fact that none of the
> bindings for GUI libs are actively developed supporting last stable
> upstream version.
>
> There (was)is lot of talk how e.g. Haskell is beautiful language, how it
> would take over etc., but can someone name few desktop apps written
> in it? (I know about darcs&  xmonad)

Not sure. But at least Microsoft and Intel do support the language
development, Intel even had some open positions on their HPC lab some
months ago.

Maybe some of the companies below also have internal desktop
applications in Haskell, although I would assume most would code hybrid
applications. For example quite a few companies have started using F#
for the data manipulation part, with the UIs being written in C#.

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_in_industry

Anyway, I can imagine that even on dry corporate world I move on, I
would collect more support for Haskell than D just because of the
companies involved with the language, even if there isn't a proper
desktop application I can show.

--
Paulo