A real Forum for D

Abrahm abe2007 at nospam.net
Wed Nov 30 01:03:43 PST 2011

"Jude" <10equals2 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:javh6n$19tn$1 at digitalmars.com...

> On 11/28/2011 02:10 AM, so wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:11:35 +0200, Jude <10equals2 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Forums are lame and just "DON'T GET IT" and I don't like them
>>> and EVERYONE must agree that my method is superior and use my
>>> preferred method" is NOT a valid reason.
>>>
>>> Most people don't care about your holy wars. I'm done with this
>>> topic, it just makes me lose faith in humanity.
>>
>> If you are in the mood of losing faith in humanity, go do it on
>> something worthwhile like the wars and famine. Not on something
>> insignificant like two ideas on one thing.
>
> It's not the two ideas on one thing that bothered me, it was
> (admittedly my mistaken) perceived attitude about it.

Ok, this thread is getting so idiotic now that I'm not going to bother to
read anything at this tangential depth. Good think I use a newsreader so
that I can easily skip back out to the higher-level posts and drop the
drivel.

(Aside: "What drivel?" you ask? You did the "the bottom line is..."
thing. Of course everything is so simple. As simple as throwing up a web
forum for D. Simple. Now what to do with all the time left over. Such a
dilemma.)

> Wars, Famine?  They all basically boil down to one thing:
> Two people, (or representatives of two people) disagree.
>
> But both are so absolutely certain that they are correct, they do not
> even attempt to look at the other side of the coin.
> In fact, they will blatantly refuse to even acknowledge the fact that
> there is a possibility that they could be wrong.

That is naive. There is always 101 "unseen" reasons for a stance. What's
right or wrong takes a backseat to personal consequences, political and
financial and power motives... Major power struggles are not about what a
casual observer can ascertain with a quick look from a distance. The
players know very well what the situation is at some level of depth
beyond what appears on the surface. The goal is to dig down deeper and
try to find things to give more advantage to better "guarantee" a good
outcome for a player.

Most people will never grow up, I have said. They just keep on "signing
their lives and rights away" on "employment" agreements, web forum
TOSs... and on and on.

> Everything else is just variations on a theme.

If only the world and real life was as simple as your cliche-ridden
"argument for theory". As simple as putting up a web forum for D, surely.