Is D more cryptic than C++?

Abrahm abe2007 at nospam.net
Wed Nov 30 04:14:34 PST 2011

"bearophile" <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote in message
news:jb566l$20rr$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Abrahm:
>
>> I don't think I like that. D's 'sort' is some kind of construct
>> instead
>> of a function?
>
> It's essentially a function template.

OK. Whatever it is though, it doesn't look like "language proper"
material. That is, I'll relegate it to libraryland.

>> Not intuitive at all. Seemingly incorrect from a design
>> standpoint (but I'm not thinking about it heavily).
>
> Better getting used to that kind of D code :-)

Uh oh, is that a warning to the weary? Should I look for a post called "D
Quirks"? If you want to make such a list, great, but if you do, please
try to go from high-level things to esoteric things so those not
concerned about the latter don't have to wade through them or figure out
in which classification they belong.

Looks like a good topic for a new thread: D Quirks. I'm too lazy to start
a new thread right now.