Is D more cryptic than C++?

Abrahm abe2007 at nospam.net
Wed Nov 30 04:20:40 PST 2011

"bearophile" <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote in message
news:jb56j2$21g4$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Abrahm:
>
>> An easy to grok small app, but non-trivial and using a
>> number of D features would be ideal.
>
> I see. What kind of app do you prefer?

Anything high-level. A weird request in a systems language ng? I program
desktop apps in C++, but mostly am working on libraries (containers and
such) lately. So, something with a GUI interface maybe? A database app?
Or doesn't anyone do that kind of thing with D? A small commandline
utility would work too. Or even a server app. Obviously nothing realtime
or device driverish. Preferably something non-scientific so as not having
to grok the domain abstractions as well as the language.