Java > Scala

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Wed Nov 30 06:46:10 PST 2011

I am with Russel here.

I work mostly in JVM and .Net environments and although currently I am the opinion that there are too many VM based applications, we hardly have any performance issues.

When they do happen we are able to track them mostly to bad coding practices.

JNI or P/Invoke are seldom used for performance reasons and mostly to integrate with some specific OS feature.