Is D more cryptic than C++?

Abrahm abe2007 at nospam.net
Wed Nov 30 21:45:52 PST 2011

"bcs" <bcs at example.com> wrote in message
news:jb73mc$2qkm$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 11/30/2011 08:47 PM, Abrahm wrote:
>> "bcs"<bcs at example.com>  wrote in message
>>> A while back I built a tool to do automatic translation of C# to D1.
>>
>> Oh, so you prefer the easy tasks then! Noted. (Embedded sarcasm
>> defined:
>> Try going from D to C#! A very much harder, end of the chapter
>> excercise).
>
> The direction was not by choice, we had a C# code base a need to run on
> Linux and a good reason to not us Mono.

I thought it was a personal endeavor. My bad.

>>> Aside from a small number of language features, a large number of
>>> libraries and a significant amount of freedom w.r.t. formatting, the
>>> darn thing worked!
>>
>> Well, don't make it out to be an accomplishment of the "harder"
>> end-of-chapter excercises when it is actually in the easy section.
>>

> I never claimed that it was complex! In fact I, my point is better
> supported by it being simple.

Whatever.

>>> (Debugging it was "fun", as in running diffs of million+ line
>>> execution
>>> traces. But then I'm crazy enough to do that!)
>>
>> Your need for "praise" and whatever, noted. I can't help you with that
>> (not that I don't want to or that your need isn't an indicator of
>> something wrong).
>
> I'm not bragging, Even if I was, the only thing I could brag about
> there would be bull-headedness. It would sort of be like you bragging
> about how hard it is to find adjective that describe you that are
> usable in polite company.

But it took me to grow you some balls? (Don't answer that, it's not a
good thing (having balls) history shows).

Now, about this fantasy of yours about "polite company", that is an
oxymoron, for all companies are in it for the money, and the company
doesn't even exist. People exist behind that company, and I've never met
a nice one, but I just vent my frustration, and not scientific proof that
most "companies" are BAD. (Then again, maybe I think that anyone who
doesn't think that most things are bad, is very naive. YMMV, and I'd like
to hear about it... well, not really).

>>> Up shot is that for some applications, those languages aren't really
>>> that different.
>>
>> That's really good. You're well on your way to completing the
>> coursework.
>> Gold star. Keep up the good work.
>
> You *really* have zero idea what my point is don't you?

Don't take it personally. K? I am not designed to know what your point
is.