Proposal on improvement to deprecated

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Oct 2 22:59:30 PDT 2011

> I really think that making it so that deprecated doesn't actually stop
> compilation (but rather just prints the message) would improve things

The user has two choices:

1. get deprecation messages and fix the code
2. add -d and ignore it

I don't see any point in printing messages and ignoring them. I don't believe it
improves the user experience.

The user is going to have to eventually fix the code, and that WILL BE ANNOYING
to him. Guaranteed. There's no way to deprecate things and not annoy people.