Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Oct 3 14:01:18 PDT 2011

On Monday, October 03, 2011 13:30 simendsjo wrote:
> Isn't there more in the queue? std.process and std.socket rewrite?

IIUC, the new std.process requires a fix to dmc's C runtime on Windows, so
until that's sorted out, the new std.process is not ready for review.

As for std.socket, https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/260
does do a fair bit of work on it, but as I understand it, it doesn't change
enough of the API to merit a formal review (I haven't looked over that
particular pull request in detail though - just prior versions of it - so I'm
not all that clear on its current state). And I'm not aware of any major
redesigns of std.socket being in the works - though there has been some
discussion of possibly redesigning its current API. Regardless, no major
revisions to std.socket have been submitted as ready for the review queue.

> Couldn't find a list in the wiki though.

There isn't a formal list for the review queue anywhere. It's managed entirely
by posts in the newsgroup. It's being managed fairly informally at this point,
since we don't always review the item that's been in the queue the longest
(depending on the current circumstances), and unless the person who's
submitting a module for review is active on the newsgroup and ready to be
active in the review of their code, there's no point in reviewing their code
anyway. And as long as that works, we're going to continue to do it that way.

- Jonathan M Davis