Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 14:46:44 PDT 2011

Jonathan M Davis Wrote:

> There isn't a formal list for the review queue anywhere. It's managed entirely
> by posts in the newsgroup. It's being managed fairly informally at this point,
> since we don't always review the item that's been in the queue the longest
> (depending on the current circumstances), and unless the person who's
> submitting a module for review is active on the newsgroup and ready to be
> active in the review of their code, there's no point in reviewing their code
> anyway. And as long as that works, we're going to continue to do it that way.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

In fact, I'm thinking that these threads should come up periodically but not include a list. Instead just ask what is ready for review. The reason are two fold.

1. As you say the author must be active, and while they may usually be active you want them active now.

2. It forces the author to speak to their being active/not on vacation. I wasn't sure if it made sense to reply, but it does.

I suppose it could be a little discouraging, "they keep forgetting about me! I've been ready the last 3..." kind of response. But I don't think anyone here would take it that way, and considering the Boost review criteria, once the code is in it is it is "your" responsibility including passing the baton. So sticking around for review isn't any different from having it in.