std.getopt suggestion

Christophe travert at phare.normalesup.org
Tue Oct 4 13:10:07 PDT 2011

Andrei Alexandrescu , dans le message (digitalmars.D:146070), a écrit :

>>> I don't use getopt often either. That does not prevent me to wish getopt
>>> could become adequate to my needs...
>>
>> It already is because your needs are the empty set.
>>
>> Andrei
>
> On second thought what you said suggests your needs set may be nonempty,
> but said needs are not fulfilled by the current std.getopt.
>
> What exactly in std.getopt does not fulfill your needs? Would assembling
> the three variables into a structure help?

No, it wouldn't.

The main reason why I don't want to use getopt is because the syntax "-o
output" (short-option, space, argument), and that is the main thing
I want to do. I think I posted about this in the thread.

Enabling single-dash long option would be nice too.

The fact that it uses global parameters just doesn't help.

--
Christophe