std.getopt suggestion

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 08:47:54 PDT 2011

The reality is apps use many different sorts of argument passing
styles. Saying that one or the other is wrong is silly. Here's some
various flavors:

Firefox: firefox.exe -safe-mode www.mozilla.com
Scite: SciTE "-import c:\os\web_work" SciTEDoc.html
AVG: avgscanx.exe /comp /qt /priority=high /pwdw /report=d:\avgreport.txt
uTorrent: utorrent.exe /AUTOUPDATE
CDBurnerXP: cdbxpcmd.exe --list-drives
Foxit: "Foxit Reader.exe" -displayinbrowser

But if getopt wants to keep posix-style, that's fine with me. Like
I've said, I can roll out my own and it's not that big of a deal. It's
easy to roll out your own in D compared to doing it in C or even C++.