std.getopt suggestion

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Oct 5 08:48:20 PDT 2011

On 10/5/11 10:12 AM, Christophe wrote:
> One think I don't know regarding getopt, and that I didn't find in the
> documentation (maybe because I didn't look close enough after having
> found that -o output was not supported), is if the arguments are sorted
> like in the c getopt, and how to get the remaining arguments ?
> Shouldn't getopt return an array of the remaning arguments ?

Second paragraph after synopsis.

"In all cases, the command-line options that were parsed and used by
getopt are removed from args. Whatever in the arguments did not look
like an option is left in args for further processing by the program."

Well at a point one does need to Read The Fine Manual or try a little
experiment.

Andrei