how to build up the library..

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Fri Oct 7 00:30:38 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 08:51 +0200, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
[ . . . ]
> I think it's important to have a solid low level database API which an
> object oriented abstraction can be built upon.

Why object oriented? Why not functional?

The lesson form ORMs is that object oriented and relational can be
linked with an adaptor but the impedance mismatch is high.  But if you
want to use an ORM use one, of course.

The computational model having issued a query is just data
transformation which is nicely functional, albeit possibly with side
effects.  But then the FP crowd have given everyone monads.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk