how to build up the library..

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Oct 7 04:08:47 PDT 2011

On 2011-10-07 09:30, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 08:51 +0200, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> [ . . . ]
>> I think it's important to have a solid low level database API which an
>> object oriented abstraction can be built upon.
>
> Why object oriented? Why not functional?

The point was that the low level should not be object oriented like, an
ORM, to allow different high level abstractions built on top of the low
level API.

I don't think that the low level API should have functions which takes a
struct or an object and fills it fields with results from a query.
That's up to the high level API.

--
/Jacob Carlborg