D on GDC announced on reddit

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Oct 7 08:11:45 PDT 2011

"Trass3r" <un at known.com> wrote in message news:op.v2ze74ma3ncmek at enigma...
>> Now D is also quite cool, I would just like for the language compilers
>> to be a bit more stable.
>
> They have been vastly improving, really.
>
>> Currently I do have more sucess proposing C++11 based solutions as Go or
>> D based ones, on the type of corporate environment I work in.
>
> That's not D's or Go's fault. Most guys especially in bigger corporations
> are plain ignorant and wear blinders.
> Strangely that even applies to universities.

Not real surprising. Universities can be *enormously* ignorant and
conceited. (Community colleges too...my god, some of the flaming egos and
politics around there are mind-boggling, especially considering it's *just*
a CC...)

> Hell, they didn't even know  about clang even though they were progressive
> enough to use C++0x.

I once had a university professor who openly admitted C was the only
language he knew - and yet he didn't even understand how C's null-terminated
strings work. So he didn't really even know that one language.