Sorting algorithm

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Oct 7 11:20:50 PDT 2011

On 10/7/11 12:23 PM, Xinok wrote:
>>> http://www.neowin.net/forum/blog/422/entry-3737-sort-algorithm-complete/
>>
>> This is interesting. What do the numbers in the benchmark represent?
>>
>> Andrei
>
> I'll just post the code I used for benchmarking. Simply put, smaller
> numbers are faster.
[snip]

Thanks. It would be great if you wanted to contribute your stable sort
to Phobos via a pull request.

Also, which version of D are you using? I'm seeing that
std.algorithm.sort (introSort) performs quite badly; for example, it's
twice as slow on shuffled data against quickSort, and it also deals
badly with already sorted data. Generally it does much worse than the
quickSort baseline. Wonder why.

Andrei