Sorting algorithm

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Oct 7 14:08:21 PDT 2011

On 10/07/11 13:50, Xinok wrote:

>>> I'll just post the code I used for benchmarking. Simply put, smaller
>>> numbers are faster.
>> [snip]
>>
>> Thanks. It would be great if you wanted to contribute your stable sort
>> to Phobos via a pull request.
>>
>> Also, which version of D are you using? I'm seeing that
>> std.algorithm.sort (introSort) performs quite badly; for example, it's
>> twice as slow on shuffled data against quickSort, and it also deals
>> badly with already sorted data. Generally it does much worse than the
>> quickSort baseline. Wonder why.
>>

>> Andrei
>
> I'm not familiar with the process. What all would I need to do to
> contribute my sort to Phobos?

D's standard library is on github:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos. Anyone can fork it,
modify it as they please, and then submit the changes for review via a
so-called "pull request". Here's an example of a pull request with
comments and all:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/272. There is
documentation available on github.com about how to use the site. It's
some work but it's time well invested - the kin of git and github are
here to stay. Would anyone in the community be willing to shepherd Xinok
through the first pull request?

Andrei