[OT] TortoiseGit and Hg

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Oct 7 22:11:32 PDT 2011

I've been getting more familiar with both git and hg, and I'm coming to the
conclusion that I like TortoiseGit far more than TortoiseHg, but when I have
to use them at the cmd line (which I hate to have to do), I can't stand
Git's cmd line interface, but Hg seems to be pretty nice (and I like Hg's
revision/changeset/whatever identier system far better). I know it's
(theoretically) possible to use TortoiseHg with Git repos via hg-git (which
only barely works at all, in my experience), but that's opposite of what
I've realized I want. Anyone know if there's any way to go the other way
around? Use TortoiseGit to work with Hg repos?

Meh, frankly, I'm real unhappy with DVCSes. I'm completely sold on them, of
course, a definite improvement over SVN. But before I learned about DVCSes I
was very happy with SVN; not so happy with the DVCS landscape now that I'm
here :/