[std.database]

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Fri Oct 7 23:43:29 PDT 2011

I use this title at Andrei's suggestion, and repeat his idea that it be used
as a prefix for discussions as we navigate toward a design. Unless there is
resistance to the idea, I will on the job of implementing whatever we decide
is appropriate. I am retired, and have the time to do it.

It seems that every man, and possibly his dog, has a private implementation
for at least a favorite DB, so we should have plenty of material to build on.

At this point I would like to get responses from those who feel they are
likely to contribute to the design through to completion.

I'd also like to get a feel for the magnitude of the task, so I'd like to ask
what database systems you think should be supported.

I have started a github account, and will put my mysqld stuff there shortly,
then you can kick me out if you don't like what you see.

Steve