D on GDC announced on reddit

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sat Oct 8 03:41:09 PDT 2011

I like Go's simplicity and somehow I am attracted to it due to the some of
its Oberon influences.

Now, everyone with a proper computer science background will immediatly see
that all the
features that are sold as Go unique features, are already available for long
time in other languages,
only not in C or to a certain extent C++.

Go might eventually become a nice C sucessor, but it will never be able to
replace C++, Java, D,
or any other current languages that offer much better programming
abstractions.

--
Paulo

news:j6nh24$2deh$1 at digitalmars.com...