[std.database]

dolive dolive89 at sina.com
Sun Oct 9 01:20:43 PDT 2011

Steve Teale Wrote:

> I use this title at Andrei's suggestion, and repeat his idea that it be used
> as a prefix for discussions as we navigate toward a design. Unless there is
> resistance to the idea, I will on the job of implementing whatever we decide
> is appropriate. I am retired, and have the time to do it.
>
> It seems that every man, and possibly his dog, has a private implementation
> for at least a favorite DB, so we should have plenty of material to build on.
>
> At this point I would like to get responses from those who feel they are
> likely to contribute to the design through to completion.
>
> I'd also like to get a feel for the magnitude of the task, so I'd like to ask
> what database systems you think should be supported.
>
> I have started a github account, and will put my mysqld stuff there shortly,
> then you can kick me out if you don't like what you see.
>
> Steve

Please refer to the successful experience of the industry, such as  ejb, jdbc, jdo, jpa, ado.net, delphi db api, ruby on rails active recorder, orm's hibernate, absorb they the advantages of, to create a powerful and simple for both for  enterprise applications  database api framework,  to achieve this goal will Requires more than cooperation, or you personal proficient in all of the above  api, Hoping to start directly from the orm(such as hibernate does not depend on jdbc,or Low dependence
), Improve orm performance.

Hope more database experts involved in the D database api design !

thanks all !

dolive