[std.database]

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Oct 9 02:58:07 PDT 2011

On 2011-10-08 23:11, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Microsoft SQL Server is important to cover too. I'm pretty sure
> ODBC works fine for that (there's ODBC bindings for D already,
> it's part of the Windows headers) and I wrote a little something
> for my database.d, but I haven't actually tested it yet!

I have some bad experience with ODBC, connecting to SQL Server, from
work. It can't handle multiple result sets and it's not very good at
handle invalid Unicode characters. This might not be true for ODBC in
general but it's a problem we have with the implementation we currently use.

If we don't want to completely role our own implementation I suggest we
use freetds directly instead (ODBC uses freetds).

I think it would be good to have an ODBC implementation but it should
not be the only way to connect to SQL Server.

--
/Jacob Carlborg