[std.database]

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Sun Oct 9 09:40:12 PDT 2011

Further generic question. (Yes, I am listening to the answers too)

If some underlying databases don't support the features that our chosen
interface requires, do we attempt to synthesize them - presumably at cost
to performance, or do we just throw a compile-time exception that
basically tells the user to use a lower interface and code it themself?

It's important that we establish such boundaries. Otherwise we'll never
ever have an alpha version of 0.1.

To express a personal opinion, then as a first pass we should do
something that is at about the same level as JDBC but without the
concessions to DBs like Postgres that have fancy SQL types.

When we have decided on an interface, we can always go forward, but going
back is embarrassing.

Steve