Support of dmd2 in Waf

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Mon Oct 10 09:52:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

The project lead for Waf has declared me persona non grata and banned me
from any and all aspects of the Waf community that it is possible for
him to ban me from.  I therefore cannot contribute to Waf even though I
would like to have done.

The standard SCons tool has the same problem of being specific to D1.  I
have started a fork of the SCons D tool as a Mercurial repository
https://bitbucket.org/russel/scons_dmd_new  I should have created a
patch for the latest SCons release but missed the deadline.  There needs
to be more work on this tool to really make it a good SCons tool, but it
does work with D2.

The Waf folk may be able to use the history of the SCons D tool in my
repository to evolve the Waf tool to be D2 capable.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk